Canyon School values character education. This year we are celebrating the three areas of Canyon School's efforts to build citizendhip and leadership in our students. These areas include: Canyon Values & Beliefs, Manners Matter and the Leader in Me. Scroll down for more information.
- POSITIVE ATTITUDE
- EQUAL OPPORTUNITY
We believe everyone is unique.
We believe everyone deserves respect.
We believe everyone learns in a safe and caring environment.
We believe everyone (home, school and community) work together to ensure success.
- Wait your turn and try not to interrupt others when they are talking.
- No name calling.
- Always greet others when they come over to you (hello/hi).
- Say "please and thank" often.
- Clean up after yourself.
- Be good sports.
- Take compliments courteously (say "thank you").
- Open doors for others.
- Entering/Exiting Etiquette - all others to exit a room/building before you enter.
- Respect Differences.
Leader in Me & Positive Referrals
Habit 1 - Be Proactive, a student will
- Do the right thing without being asked
- Take responsibility for choices and actions
- Take initiative for learning
Habit 2 - Begin with the End in Mind, a student will
- Set goals and following through
- Come to class prepared for learning
- Demonstrate organization
Habit 3 - Put First Things First, a student will
- Use time wisely
- Demonstrate a strong work ethic
- Be able to prioritize
Habit 4 - Think Win –Win, a student will
- Be Open-minded and non-judgmental
- Work cooperatively with others
- Be flexible and adaptable
Habit 5 - Seek First to Understand and then to be Understood, a student will
- Listen to others
- Be compassionate
- Demonstrate good social and communication skills
Habit 6 - Synergize, a student will
- Value talents and abilities of self and others
- Work as a team in a multi-cultural and interdependent setting
- Strive for the third alternative
Habit 7 - Sharpen the Saw, a student will
- Express needs, wants and feelings in a healthy way
- Demonstrate self-reliance, self-confidence and self-discipline
- Strive for a well-balanced life
Please click on the above habits to learn more. Visit the Student Schoolyard. This is an online site for students with fun and engaging interactive activities that reinforce the 7 Habits principles. The Student Schoolyard takes kids on a fun journey throughout the 7 Oaks village featured in The 7 Habits of Happy Kids book.
We bring it all together and celebrate with
Do the right thing... even if no one is watching.